Too many companies focus on generating new leads to fill the pipeline. Too few companies concentrate on increasing the percent of leads that convert to sales. Here’s the ugly truth: 80% of sales occur after the 5th contact, but only 20% of leads are followed up. (Sources: SiriusDecisions, Aberdeen Group)
Imagine the positive impact on revenue of converting just a small percentage of existing leads into sales! Is your marketing team ready to take these five steps to turn sales leads into hot prospects for your sales team?
- Collect and deliver meaningful lead data to sales
- Shorten sales-cycles with timely and relevant follow-ups to prospects
- Keep long-term prospects engaged with valuable content so that when the timing is right for them, you are on their short list of potential vendors
- Keep your sales team engaged by decreasing the number of low-quality leads and increasing the percentage of high-quality leads passed to sales
- Give your sales team something to talk about when they contact a qualified lead and provide the sales tools to effectively present your story
Do a majority of your company’s sales leads fall into the chasm between marketing and sales? If so, shift a portion of your 2013 marketing budget from sales generation into sales nurturing, and bask in the sunshine of increased revenues.